Press Operator-Flexographic 2nd shift
Company: Fortis Solutions Group, LLC
Posted on: January 17, 2023
NOVI, MI - Novi, MI
Anchor Printing in Novi, Michigan is proud to announce that we are
now part of the Fortis Solutions Group family!
At Fortis Solutions Group, we create outstanding labeling and
packaging solutions for our customers. We are one of the country's
premier label converters serving customers nationwide from our 18
locations. As a member of the Fortis Family, you will be part of a
great team that seeks to deliver industry-leading quality and
service in every facet of our business. As a Fortis employee you
will experience a work environment that is fun, fast-paced,
inclusive, and friendly. This position works Monday-Thursday 1
PM-11 PM- 10 % shift differential offered !
As a Press Operator, you will operate a flexographic printing press
engaged in the production of printed products in a safe and
efficient manner. This includes the set-up of plates, dies, inks,
and coatings as specified in the work ticket. In addition, you will
complete quality checks to ensure that the printed product meets
all functional requirements. As a press operator, you will also
load substrates onto the press and record all required production
data into the shop floor data collection system. As needed, you
will be required to mount or strip plates, make inks, wash up press
components, and complete basic housekeeping and preventive
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform typical press operations to support production
- Review job ticket and work with Press Helper to ensure job is
set up properly on the press per required specifications and job
notes (ink, dies, stock, plates).
- Run the job setup on the press and log data related to the job
setup in the system.
- Run the job per specifications and log when completed, noting
material used, etc.
- While running the press, review printed rolls for quality and
consistency related to all aspects of the labels including color
registration and die cut.
- Following completion of the job, move finished roll to
finishing department and breakdown and clean machine in preparation
for the next job.
- Communicate with Shift Supervisor and/or Production Manager
regarding any issues with the labels and dies.
- Ensure proper data collection for each job, including job notes
on material and time variance.
- Perform basic troubleshooting of the press along with the Press
Helper and Supervisor.
- Maintain the work area and machines in a clean and orderly
condition and follow prescribed company policies and safety
- Actively participate in continuous improvement activities and
participate in additional press operator training when offered or
- Additional duties as required.
Education and Experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- At least three years press operator or printing related
Job Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Good communication skills.
- Must be proactive and detail oriented to catch problems or
inconsistencies and bring them to managements attention.
- Good organization skills to manage multiple different labels
- Knowledge of press operation and basic troubleshooting.
- Should be mechanically inclined to grasp the basics of press
operation and maintenance.
- Willing to attend required training courses or sessions related
to the job as assigned.
- Constant lifting, standing, crouching, walking, and associated
- Must be able to lift up to 50 lbs on a regular basis and up to
75 pounds with assistance.
- Pass a pre-employment drug test and subject to random drug
- Regular exposure to dust and noise in the production
- Warehouse temperatures may be influenced by outside
- Regular skin and clothing exposure to ink.
Personal Protective Equipment:
- Safety shoes and eye protection are highly recommended in the
Fortis Solutions Group is committed to a diverse and inclusive
workplace. We are an equal opportunity employer and therefore, do
not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender,
gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status,
disability, age, or other legally protected status.
Keywords: Fortis Solutions Group, LLC, Novi , Press Operator-Flexographic 2nd shift, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!