Sr. Advanced Systems Engineer
Company: Dana Corp
Posted on: September 13, 2023
Dana is a global leader in the supply of highly engineered
driveline, sealing, and thermal-management technologies that
improve the efficiency and performance of vehicles with both
conventional and alternative-energy powertrains. Serving three
primary markets - passenger vehicle, commercial truck, and
off-highway equipment - Dana provides the world's
original-equipment manufacturers and the aftermarket with local
product and service support through a network of nearly 100
engineering, manufacturing, and distribution facilities.
The senior advanced systems engineer will be responsible for
advanced engineering development of requirements (input,
stakeholder, system, subsystem) and project management of
cross-functional, advanced program level projects for future
generation Dana light vehicle (LV) electrified propulsion system
activities (scope, timing, deliverables). This role will include
decomposition of complex, innovative propulsion systems into
cascaded requirements and development processes for functionality,
sustainability, durability, and quality. Additionally, product
development process improvements will be explored to reduce time to
market for new Dana products.
Main Job Responsibilities:
- Map and define the main technology gaps, barriers to achieve
the expected market/customer KPIs for performance and costs; define
and execute accordingly a plan.
- Maintain seamless coordination and a strong link among the
various engineering teams around the globe, ensuring continuous
communication on plans and objectives and strong engagement to
drive in the same direction globally.
- Bachelor's degree in mechanical, electrical or related
- Minimum of 3 years of experience executing primary duties and
responsibilities for similar applications
- Strong understanding of attribute / target-setting
- Strong experience applying Systems Engineering Fundamentals and
adherence to process/principals.
- Working level experience with requirements mgt. tools such as
Doors, Polarion, VSEM, or Enterprise Architect.
- Demonstrated ability to take ownership of deliverables and lead
resolution of issues
- Electric propulsion systems, mechatronics or controls
experience will be considered as plus.
- Strong leadership, negotiation, interpersonal and communication
skills (verbal and written)
- Develop and maintain project-timing charts and maintain the
project schedule as agreed between the customer and Dana.
- Communicate or present project status as needed through reports
and program management reviews at all levels.
- Identify and resolve project issues, using systemic root cause
analysis and provide a robust process for change
- Preferred experience in electrified vehicle systems.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate
against any employee or applicant for employment because of race,
color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation,
gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or
any other federal, state or local protected class.
Unsolicited Resumes from Third-Party Recruiters
Please note that as per Dana policy, we do not accept unsolicited
resumes from third-party recruiters unless such recruiters were
engaged to provide candidates for a specified opening. Any
employment agency, person or entity that submits an unsolicited
resume does so with the understanding that Dana will have the right
to hire that applicant at its discretion without any fee owed to
the submitting employment agency, person or entity.
Keywords: Dana Corp, Novi , Sr. Advanced Systems Engineer, Other , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!