JBW Technical Data Entry Coordinator
Posted on: March 15, 2020
OverviewJervis B. Webb Company is a subsidiary of Daifuku North
America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group company of
Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company in the
world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies at auto
plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at warehouses. We
are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing and servicing
innovative automated materials handling systems including
conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage & retrieval
systems, and integrated controls.--The company is currently seeking
a Technical Data Entry Coordinator.ResponsibilitiesPosition
Summary/ Primary Purpose Reporting to the Corporate Procurement
Manager, as part of the production control-procurement department
team, performing various technical data entry duties related to the
work required within the department.--Major Areas of
- Enter engineering demand forms in Procurement system to create
- Coordinate priorities to meet manufacturing and installation
- Search and determine the need to create new part numbers.
- Create and enter new part numbers for engineering, purchasing
- Maintain parts database for consistency and proper format.
- Enter bills of materials from engineering drawings.
- Upload conveyor sheets into the system and link manufacturing
routers to them.
- Enter engineering change request (ECR) information to update
- Interface with engineers, manufacturing and purchasing
personnel to assist and problem solve.
- Conduct yourself in a professional and ethical manner in the
office, attending meetings as necessary
- Enter/Code freight information in the database.
- Complete additional duties as assigned by the Procurement
- English Language Knowledge of the structure and content of the
English language including the meaning and spelling of words, rules
of composition, and grammar.QualificationsSkills & Abilities
- Time Management Managing one's own time and the time of
- Critical Thinking Using logic and reasoning to identify the
strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions or
approaches to problems.
- Judgment and Decision Making Considering the relative costs and
benefits of potential actions to choose the most appropriate
- Monitoring Monitoring/Assessing performance of you, other
individuals, or organizations to make improvements or take
- Verbal and Written Expression and Recognition The ability to
listen to, understand and communicate information and ideas
presented through spoken or written words and sentences.
- Information Ordering The ability to arrange things or actions
in a certain order or pattern according to a specific rule or set
of rules (e.g., patterns of numbers, letters, words, pictures,
- Problem Sensitivity The ability to tell when something is wrong
or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem,
only recognizing there is a problem.Education & Experience
- High School Diploma required.
- Bachelors Degree preferred.
- Preferred 5 years or more of experience in technical data entry
in an engineering and/or manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Working in a Multi-Project Organization
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Possess skills to read and transfer information from bills of
materials on drawings
- Understanding of process flows of information from engineering
to manufacturing facilities.
- Experience with Computer Systems, SAP experience preferred
- Computer Literate with Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Work,
Excel and PowerPoint)
- Familiarity with reading engineering drawings.Demonstrated
Physical Abilities Remain stationary for 50% of the time;
move/traverse throughout the office to access file cabinets and
office equipment; operate a computer and other productivity
machinery; inspect documents; communicate with others through
talking/hearing; read/identify/assess forms and correspondence.--
--Jervis B. Webb Company is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity
Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal sub/contractor. All
qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment
without regard to their race, color, religion, ancestry, national
origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, disability,
protected veteran status, marital status or medical condition. If
youd like to view a copy of the companys affirmative action plan or
policy statement, please call 248-553-1000.--Jervis B. Webb offers
an excellent compensation package including great benefits such as
excellent medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation
time, paid sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending
Programs, and more.--At this time our company only receives
applications online. If you need assistance applying online to this
position, please call 248-553-1000 and leave a message and your
call will be returned.--
Keywords: Daifuku, Novi , JBW Technical Data Entry Coordinator, Professions , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!