Industrial/Commercial Construction Superintendent
Company: Michael Page
Posted on: January 4, 2022
MPI does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion,
sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national
origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, or based
on an individual's status in any group or class protected by
applicable federal, state or local law. MPI encourages applications
from minorities, women, the disabled, protected veterans and all
other qualified applicants.SummaryThe Superintendent is responsible
for directing all construction activities at the project site in an
efficient and effective manner to meet the requirements of the
contract documents, inspection requirements, project schedules,
best management practices and specified quality standards, while
maintaining job site safety standards.Client DetailsOur client is a
general contractor/construction manager located in Novi with
construction projects throughout Metro Detroit and the midwest. As
a well-established company, their commitment to employee success is
excellent. They are looking for a strong assistant superintendent
to join the team. After learning the ropes of the superintendent
position candidates will be promoted into a senior superintendent
position, and after this candidates will have the option to pursue
project manager or operations manager responsibilities.
DescriptionThe key responsiblities of the Superintendent are:
- Coordinate the work of all construction substrates in
conjunction with the main office.
- Arrange, monitor, and be present for agency inspections.
- Review shop drawings and other reports prepared by testing and
- Prepare and monitor RFI's.
- Prepare daily report forms and progress photographs.
- Working knowledge familiarity with computer operating systems
including Windows, Outlook, Word, Excel; and opening, preparing,
scanning, printing, and sending PDF files and other documents.
- Actively engage superintendents, subcontractors, project
managers, project engineers, and local officials, when needed, to
problem solve, mitigate conflicts, and resolve disputes.
- Maintain a clean, neat, and orderly job site; and enforce job
site safety standards.ProfileThe successful Superintendent
candidate will have:
- Construction Management or other relevant Bachelor's Degree
such as architecture or civil engineering
- 1-3+ year's experience in high-end commercial construction
- Must be proficient in reviewing and understanding all
construction documents including specifications and drawings
- Excellent communication skills with various parties including
management, subcontractors, consultants, architects, vendors, and
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications
- Willing to take on multiple responsibilities and complete a
variety of tasks to complete projects on timeJob OfferOn offer for
the Superintendent are:
- $80,000 - $110,000 base salary plus vehicle allowance
- Opportunity to work on a variety of projects
- Clear progression goals
- Clear communication, great work environment
- Excellent reputation in the industry
- Full Health benefits and 401K
- Paid vacation and holidays
Keywords: Michael Page, Novi , Industrial/Commercial Construction Superintendent, Professions , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!