Application Engineer - HVAC
Company: Hanon Systems
Posted on: August 1, 2022
DescriptionHanon Systems is a global automotive supplier of
innovative thermal and energy management solutions. Our HVAC
Product Development team is seeking a highly motivated individual
with a passion for learning, technical proficiency and the ability
to think outside of the box. Based at our Americas Innovation
Center in Novi, MI, the Application Engineer will support delivery
of new and current business opportunities.
- Lead product design and release tasks for multiple HVAC
- Monitor and resolve design and warranty issues
- Fulfill product design deliverables based on program milestone
- Support generation, investigation and implementation of value
- Support the development, prototyping and testing of HVAC
- Provide direction to CAD, CAE, and test personnel as
- Collaborate with multiple functional groups to support program
- Assess test results and develop corrective actions.
- Use CAD tools to review mechanical design concepts.
- Perform tolerance stack up analysis.
- Manage, sign-off and release component drawings and
- Develop and maintain Bill of Materials.
- Interpret customer engineering specifications.
- Provide direction to suppliers as required.
- Interface with the customer as required. Education &
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher) in Mechanical Engineering or
related Automotive Engineering program
- Minimum 1 year of experience in HVAC module engineering /
automotive climate engineering
- Familiarity with global HVAC products, customers and their
respective engineering specifications.
- Familiarity with automotive engineering release management
- Background and demonstrated understanding of fluid
- Background in heat transfer and structural principles
- Understanding of CFD and CAE/FEA
- Understanding of Injection Molding principles
- Understanding of NVH principles
- Ability to multitask and manage several projects and
- High sense of urgency and commitment to meeting deadlines
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills. SPECIAL
- Occasional travel required (domestic and international)
- Occasional overtime and schedule flexibility required What We
Offer:At Hanon Systems, we provide a competitive benefits packaged
focused on employee well-being and work-life balance.
- Medical, dental, and vision program options
- Retirement savings plan (401k)
- Paid time off
- Tuition assistance
- Flexible work schedules (for eligible positions)Hanon Systems
recognizes the critical role our employees play in the company's
success. We strive to attract and retain the best talent by
supporting and promoting an inclusive working environment that
embodies challenging assignments, safe and fair labor practices,
and is based on mutual trust and respect.
Hanon Systems is an equal opportunity employer committed to a
culturally diverse workforce.
Keywords: Hanon Systems, Novi , Application Engineer - HVAC, Professions , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!