Maintenance Technician - Hiring Now!
Company: Edward Rose & Sons
Posted on: September 13, 2022
Limited time only $750 Sign-On/Retention Bonus*We offer our
- Comprehensive benefits package, including 401(k) with company
- Generous paid time off programs
- Competitive compensation plan
- Employee referral program
- Opportunities for advancement
- Discounted apartment home*Bonus offered for limited time and
only for Carpenter, Grounds, Make Ready and Maintenance Technician
roles. Must be Hired prior to December 31, 2022 to qualify.First
$250 awarded after successfully completing 90 days of employment;
$500 awarded after 6-months of satisfactory
employment.Compensation:Starting at $17.97 per hour or higher,
based on experience.Portsmouth Apartments is currently seeking a
hardworking, self-motivated, Make Ready Maintenance Technician to
join our successful and growing team! If you have the skills
required for this position, apply today and see why Edward Rose &
Sons is the right career move for you!
The Make Ready Maintenance Technician is responsible for completing
required steps to ensure all vacant apartment homes are restored to
a market-ready status, within theallotted time-frame and in
accordance with company policies and procedures. Successful
candidates will possess basic maintenance skills,along with
someorganizational skills to trackthe status ofapartments being
turned.Maintenance Techniciansare required to have an
understandingof hazardous communication, bloodborne pathogens, pool
contamination, hand tools, electricity, fire, ladder, and lock-out
safety.The right candidatewill behighly motivated andcapable of
performing all turnover maintenance tasks.
Additional job responsibilities:
- Effectively meet turnover deadlines on a consistent basis with
no issues or defects present upon resident move-in.
- Work efficiently to avoid duplication of work or multiple trips
to and from the shop during the make-ready process.
- Successfully perform plumbing tasks including pipe fitting,
shut offs, sink replacements, faucet installations, garbage
disposal installations, and repairs.
- Accurately troubleshoot and diagnose appliance repairs.
- Deliver quality carpentry work including replacing
doors,doorjambs, drywall, trim, interior/exterior caulking, and
- Perform electrical repairs including switches, outlets, and
- Repair ceramic tile to include flooring and tub surrounds.
- Successfully perform window installations.
- Maintain and effectively use the appropriate tools necessary
for success in the role.
- Ensure compliance with fair housing regulations, OSHA and
company policies and procedures.
- Exhibit a positive disposition while interacting with
residents, colleagues, and vendors.
- Must present the ability to execute job duties under stressful
circumstances such as last-minute deadlines or other difficult
- Accurately report parts and supplies needed to effectively
restock inventory (if applicable, based on location).
- Assist with snow/ice removal (if applicable, based on
- Monitor grounds conditions and participate in daily grounds
sweep (if applicable, based on location).Requirements:
- High school diploma or equivalent is preferred.
- Previous experience in multi-family property maintenance is
- Knowledge of maintenance safety guidelines and procedures, and
OSHA regulations(including state-specific)is preferred.
- Ability to prioritize multiple tasks in a fast-paced
- Must possess exceptional customer service and communication
- Must possess excellent organizational and time-management
- Ability to use various technologies for online training and
- Must provide basic tools.
- Must be able to report to work during inclement weather
- Must have an acceptable driving record and a valid drivers
- Must adhere to the team apparel policy.
- Regular attendance, work ethic and strong interpersonal skills
are required for success in this position.Employees are required to
be honest and trustworthy with a satisfactory background and
driving record check to be performed on all applicants being
seriously considered.We are an Equal Opportunity Employer, and we
affirmatively seek diversity in our workplace. We recruit qualified
candidates and advance our employees without regard to race, color,
religion, gender, age, disability, genetic information, ethnic or
national origin, marital status, veteran status, or any other
status or characteristic protected by federal, state or local
Keywords: Edward Rose & Sons, Novi , Maintenance Technician - Hiring Now!, Professions , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!