Application Business Analyst, SAP MM/PP
Company: Daifuku America Corp
Posted on: November 24, 2022
Daifuku North America Holding Company (daifuku.com/us/), a group
company of Daifuku in Japan - the largest material handling company
in the world. Our advanced systems move everything from car bodies
at auto plants to luggage at airports to packaged goods at
warehouses. We are known as experts in engineering, manufacturing
and servicing innovative automated materials handling systems
including conveyors, automatic guided vehicles, automated storage &
retrieval systems, and integrated controls.
The company is currently seeking an experienced Application
Business Analyst, SAP MM/PP.
This position will be responsible for the day to day support of the
SAP production system and will also be called upon to participate
in projects. We are seeking an individual possessing in-depth
experience with the SAP Materials Mgt. (MM) and Production Planning
(PP) modules and its integration with the Sales & Distribution
(SD), Project System (PS), Financial Accounting (FI) and
Controlling (CO) modules
Major Areas of Responsibility
* Collaborate with key business resources in providing SAP
functional support primarily for the MM/PP modules and. Understand
their needs, prioritize efforts and recommend changes or
alternative solutions when multiple options are available.
* Proactively identify and propose business process and/or system
* Apply technical skills when identifying issues and work with
developers and other functional analysts on projects in order to
* Validate as-is and to-be process flows and system integration
from a user perspective, identify potential work-arounds to system
changes or limitations, identify level of effort required to
successfully implement changes to business processes and user
* Perform a broad range of tasks which includes research, analysis,
design, configuration, testing and implementation of information
technology solutions within SAP.
* Perform SAP MM/PP system configuration, document requirements,
develop solutions using standard or custom SAP functionality,
complete appropriate system tests (acceptance testing), write user
documentation and train end users on functionality.
* Provide level one support which includes account management
(create/change/delete), troubleshoot system issues, release/import
transports, and run reports.
* Participate in system and application upgrade and enhancement
* Participate and lead in integration and user acceptance
* Manage remote connection and applicable keys (Object, Developer)
in SAP Service Marketplace
* Participate in system maintenance activities - coordinate system
refresh (testing environment), conduct SAP audit measurement.
* Ensure company, department and governmental standards are always
followed and provide sources and documentation for recurring IT
* Support of SAP implementations during the following stages:
project preparation, business blueprint, realization, cutover and
* Other duties as assigned.
* Process knowledge or experience in procurement, inventory
management, production planning and execution.
* In depth knowledge of SAP modules: MM, PP and integration with
SD, FICO and PS.
* Advanced technical expertise in the related modules and
experience with configuration, master data and testing.
* Foundational knowledge of Material Master, Bill of Materials
(BOM), Routings and Work Center.
* Ability to research additional integration points such as HR
mini-master and other SAP modules.
* Knowledge or experience with technical development objects and
understanding how they interact with SAP (Reports, Interfaces,
Customizations, Enhancements, and Forms).
* Working knowledge of Report Writer/Painter, Smart Forms, SAP
Script, SAP Queries and Workflow development and support.
* Experience writing functional requirements and associated test
cases as well as excellent documentation skills.
* Has participated in two or more full life cycle SAP
Skills & Abilities
* Good time management skills
* Good organizational skills with the ability to track multiple
* Ability to prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure
* Strong verbal and written communication, interpersonal skills and
* Ability to communicate ideas in both technical and user-friendly
* Detail oriented with a keen attention to detail
* Establish and maintain good working relationships with the peers,
management & leaders of the business area supported as well as
within IT structure
* Ability to work independently
* Ability to adjust to changing requirements (Flexibility).
* Assume accountability and take ownership for all projects that
you are responsible and involved in
Education & Experience
* Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain Mgt. (SCM) or Operations,
Accounting, Business, Information Technology or related discipline
or equivalent experience.
* Minimum of three years of functional experience configuring
and/or using SAP as Super/Key user0
* Experience in the Manufacturing Industry is preferred
* SAP MM/PP certification is a plus
Demonstrated Physical Abilities
Remain stationary for 50% of the time; move/traverse throughout the
office to access file cabinets and office equipment; operate a
computer and other productivity machinery; inspect documents;
communicate with others through talking/hearing;
read/identify/assess forms and correspondence
Daifuku North America Holding Company is an Affirmative
Action/Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled, and federal
sub/contractor. All qualified applicants will receive consideration
for employment without regard to their race, color, religion,
ancestry, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender
identity, age, disability, protected veteran status, marital status
or medical condition. If you'd like to view a copy of the company's
affirmative action plan or policy statement, please call
Daifuku North America Holding Company offers an excellent
compensation package including great benefits such as excellent
medical, vision, and dental insurance, paid vacation time, paid
sick time, and paid holidays, 401K, Flexible Spending Programs, and
At this time our company only receives applications online. If you
need assistance applying online to this position, please call
248-553-1000 and leave a message and your call will be
Keywords: Daifuku America Corp, Novi , Application Business Analyst, SAP MM/PP, Professions , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!