Dispatcher - On-site Novi, MI
Company: MNX Global Logistics
Posted on: January 17, 2023
DescriptionMNX Global Logistics is a leader in time and mission
critical logistics and supply chain services. Whether it is a
medical device, a radioactive cancer therapy, the engine of an
airplane, a high-speed network router, a hard drive encrypted with
a summer movie release or a liver donated for transplant, the most
time sensitive shipments in the world are entrusted to MNX.
Headquartered in Long Beach, California and with offices worldwide,
MNX is looking for talented people who want to make a difference by
helping the world successfully transport the most important
We combine extraordinary people, innovative partnerships and
advanced technology to solve the world's most complex logistics
Dispatchers assure all pick-ups and deliveries to both internal and
external customers are accomplished in a timely manner. Dispatch
and coordinate orders with Couriers and MNX's Service Partners and
vendors to ensure both retrieval and delivery of shipments.
What you will do as a Dispatcher:
- Proactively communicate with customer service and operations to
resolve issues that may arise with a driver's work
- Understand customer requirements on each order, and ensure
dispatch aligns with customer requirements.
- Make same day load acceptance decisions based on current driver
capacity in a market.
- Assign drivers to jobs as required and according to priority
- Develop business and direct availability and allocation of
materials and finished products.
- Schedule customer delivery appointments, loading appointments
and general customer service.
- Communicate with outside carrier companies and company drivers
on daily direction, schedules.
- Maintain and develop positive business relationships with a
customer's key personnel involved in or directly relevant to a
- Develop an understanding of customers' needs and take actions
to ensure that such needs are met.
- Communicate and explain proposed logistical solutions to
customers, management or other interested parties.
- Provide team activities by establishing task priorities,
scheduling and tracking work assignments, providing guidance, and
ensuring the availability of resources.
- Assesses ready time, pick-up location, routing, commitment
time, delivery location, routing and any specific
- Check both next day pick-up clip and next day delivery
- Collect all equipment from couriers and ensure no packages are
left in company vans.
- Notify operations of all domestic and international air
- Ensure all manifests have been received and file dispatch
- Evening dispatcher needs to send an email to the next morning
dispatcher for any special pick up, delivery or special
- Ensure the dispatch office and working area is clean and
- Ensure warehouse doors are locked before shift ends.
- Constant communication with the dispatch team on any delays or
issues with assigned jobs.
- Place energy and efforts in rendering customer
- Assist co-workers; turn over any incomplete work requiring
follow up prior to shift's end to other supervisors.
What you will bring:
- Business administration or supply chain degree preferred OR
equivalent work experience.
- High school or GED required.
- Proficient computer skills in Microsoft applications and
aptitude to learn internal systems.
- Solid analytical and problem solving abilities.
- Transportation experiences in dispatch and/or operations
supervision a plus.
- Detail oriented with an ability to positively influence others
across multiple groups.
- An ability to work independently relying on experience and
judgement to plan and accomplish tasks.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of electronic transportation platforms and software a
- Knowledge of DOT and FMCSA regulations a plus.
On-Site at customers location in Novi, MI 48377.
Pay: $23 - $25 per hour
Benefits & Perks:
We offer competitive pay, paid vacation and sick time, 401(k)
match, multiple health plans, and much more.
Bonus details MNX Global Logistics will award all qualified
candidates hired as of July 1, 2021 with a $1000 USD
sign-on/retention bonus. The bonus will be distributed in two equal
payments to the hired candidate that is active at the time of
payout. The first payment of $500 will be distributed following the
hired candidate's successful completion of 90 days. The second
payment of $500 will be distributed after the hired candidate has
completed six months of continuous service. The sign-on bonus is
taxable and subject to standard payroll deductions and
MNX Global Logistics is an equal opportunity employer and does not
discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including
pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), national
origin, age (40 or older), disability or genetic information, or
any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local
At MNX, people make the difference. We are a diverse group of
unique individuals, each with their own background, beliefs, and
experiences, united in the spirit of "One MNX". Qualifications
BehaviorsDetail Oriented - Capable of carrying out a given task
with all details necessary to get the task done well
Experience2 years: Previous dispatching and logistics experience
- Analytical Thinking (preferred)
Keywords: MNX Global Logistics, Novi , Dispatcher - On-site Novi, MI, Professions , Novi, Michigan
Didn't find what you're looking for? Search again!